Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Charity Wedding ~ Alicia & Kyle



Event Day Vendors:

Venue: Tequa Plaza
Floral Design: Glamorous Occasions

I met Alicia and Kyle at the Sedona Bridal Show and then again in Flagstaff. They shared with me their unique approach to planning their wedding and giving back as well as raise awareness for some community based non-profits. In the end, the three non-profits that benefited were Camp Soaring Eagle, a camp for sick children, the Second Chance Center for Animals, a no kill shelter in Flagstaff that also offers low cost medical care, education and emergency care for animals & the American Heart Association.

I was really intrigued by this and in awe of Alicia and Kyle's selfless act on a day that is typically "all about me". I like, Melissa Dunstan have always been involved or volunteered in some capacity for different charities in the community.

The more Alicia & Kyle and I talked and I really began to understand what their intentions were for their special day, I absolutely wanted to be part of it! On a personal level, I shared with them how I lost my mom at the very young age of 54 to sudden cardiac arrest. Heart disease is the leading killer of women yet there is very little awareness. In honor of my Mom, Sandy Duncan all of the girls wore red shoes and a portion of the money left over went to the American Heart Association. To say that I was "touched" is an understatement. It took all the strength I could muster to not break down, but I did have a wedding to put on. My Mom passed away 5 months before my sister got married and I am always reminded of what we missed out on every time a do a wedding. Thank you Alicia for bringing a little bit of my Mom to your day!

Alicia has a great blog dedicated to giving back. It was named one of the best blogs by Once Wed. Check it out The Charity Wedding.

Below are some of favorite photos from the day!


I love the dress from Victorian Cowgirl & the belt from Marie by Emici Bridal.


All those red shoes for you Mom! Alicia made these really cute hangers for all of her bridesmaids.


Kyle looks nervous as he is waiting to see Alicia for the first time!


I love the sign Alicia made from a paper doily, spray paint and twine.


Amazing cake from Sedona Sweet Arts. Alicia's favors were pumpkin snicker doodles made by Sweet Grace Restaurant and she made cute bags to put them in.


Melissa Dunstan of course had to get a shot of Alicia & Kyle's beagle Charlie, how cute is he!


I love mixing and matching vases and having different centerpieces on each of the tables. Alicia & I collected a ton of vases and candlesticks from local thrift stores. Dana from Glamorous Occasions did all of the beautiful fall floral. The couple are wine connoisseurs so I named all of the tables after different variatles.


It was a perfect day! A wedding with a cause!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh I never saw this post until now! Thanks so much once again for everything you did!